- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- We charge 25000pkr for each Article.
Review and Publication Policy
- The practice of peer review is applied to ensure that excellent research is published. Our referees, therefore, play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Journal of Writing Research and all manuscripts are peer-reviewed following the procedure outlined below.
- The submitted manuscript is acknowledged within 7 working days upon receipt.
Initial manuscript evaluation
- The Editors first evaluate all manuscripts. Those rejected at this stage are insufficiently original, have serious scientific flaws, have poor grammar, or are outside the aims and scope of the journal. Those that meet the minimum criteria are passed on to at least two experts for review.
Type of Peer Review
- This journal employs a double-blind review process, where the referee remains anonymous throughout the process. The manuscript/paper is sent to two reviewers (paper without the name and affiliations of the author(s). The review process takes a maximum of two months.
How long does the review process take?
- Typically the manuscript will be reviewed within six weeks. If the referees' reports contradict one another or a report is unreasonably delayed, a further expert opinion will be sought. Referees may request more than one revision of a manuscript.
- A final decision to accept or reject the manuscript will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the referees.
- Rushd is published by Lahore Institute for Social Sciences. The mission of Rushd is to encourage scholarly research in Islamic studies. The Journal provides a unique peer-reviewed forum to postgraduate students, scholars, professors, and researchers in various topics within Islamic studies. Articles should be relevant and around the topics such as Uloom Ul-Quran, Uloom Ul-Hadith, Fiqh and Usool-Ul-Fiqh, Seerah, Comparative Religions, Islamic thought, and civilization. In addition to that articles on the Islamization of social and natural sciences are welcome.
- Rushd strictly follows the plagiarism policy of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan in its true letter and spirit. Manuscripts submitted to Rushd should be original and must not be plagiarized. Every submitted article is checked for plagiarism through “Turnitin” software. If the Similarity Index (SI) of the article is above 19% then it is sent back to the corresponding author to revise it and bring its SI below 19%.
- Research articles will be forwarded for peer review to two nominated referees, one National and the other Foreign after approval of the Editorial Committee.
- Copyright laws shall be applied in accordance with the HEC’s laws.
- Editorial Committee reserves the rights to necessary amendments, cancellations, and abstracts in the articles sent. The editor shall inform the writer(s) of the opinion of the analysts and make necessary changes.
- All research articles published in “Rushd” express the viewpoints of their authors so every article is the sole responsibility of the writer whilst the Editorial Committee has no responsibility in this regard.
CopyRight Policy/License Policy
- Authors sign a publishing agreement where they will have copyright but grant broad publishing and distribution rights to the department of Islamic Studies journal, including the right to publish the article on Rushd online platforms. Authors have to transfer copyright ownership of the article, under the license creative commons license “Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)” Which entitles the journal to share this article on various platforms without any copyright violation and for non-commercial purposes. In accordance with the above, as authors grant the Lahore Institute of Social Sciences perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free access to this article for publication and distribution in print as well as electronic media as per the conditions of the creative common license mentioned above.
Open Access Policy
- Rushd is an open-access journal and it allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link to the full texts of its articles and to use them for any other lawful purpose under the license creative common license “Non-Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)”.
All articles published in Rushd are published in full open access. The author/corresponding author will get one print copy.